A selection of resources from leading thinkers and organisations to help you navigate COVID19.
Revisiting Higher Purpose
Let your true north inspire your team, infuse culture and inform innovations and business direction
- Hubert Joly’s A Time to Lead with Purpose and Humanity
- The Purpose Project Online Course for leaders and individuals – bring your own why to work, starting right where you are
- Why Purpose? Why Now? Why You? – a webinar series on driving profit with purpose
- “The Purpose Gap” – a self assessment for leaders and individuals. What does it mean to be a purposed led business & where do you sit today?
- The Purpose Playbook by Shared Value
Mental & Emotional Wellbeing
Caring for ourselves and our teams is more essential than ever
- Laura Murray’s How to Lead With Emotional Intelligence in the Time of COVID-19
- Brené’s Brown’s Anxiety, Calm + Over/Under Functioning (podcast) – understanding our personal anxiety coping responses
- Leslie Hammer and Lindsey Alley on This is the most essential skill leaders need to work through the COVID-19 crisis
- Jason Wingards’ Mental Health In The Workplace: Leading In The COVID-19 Context
- Free Workplace Mindfullness Online Summit – Boost employees resilience and wellbeing during the crisis
Ethics in a Crisis
Difficult times, difficult decisions
Ethics in question
- Simon Chandler’s Coronavirus Could Infect Privacy and Civil Liberties Forever
Struggling with ethics?
- Ethics Center offers a range of immediate solutions designed to reinforce an organisation’s capacity to maintain good decision making in this time of crisis
Systems Thinking & Systemic Leadership
Achieving effective outcomes in an interdependent world
About systems leadership
- World Economic Forum’s Systems leadership can change the world – but what exactly is it?
- Peter Senge, Hal Hamilton, & John Kania’s The Dawn of System Leadership
Navigating chaos & complexity
Skills and mindsets for turbulent times
- Claire McKendrick’s Leading with Presence, Connection and Wholeness in Complex and Uncertain Times
- John Welsh’s Systemic Leadership: Seven Tips To Navigate Change In Complex and Chaotic Times
- Jennifer Berger & Keith Johnston’s Leadership on the Edge of Chaos
- Eric McNulty and Leonard Marcus’ Are You Leading Through the Crisis … or Managing the Response?
- Kayvan Kian’s 6 Ways to Thrive n an Out of Control World
Deepening awareness, broadening capability
- Otto Scharmer on The Blind Spot of Leadership. Watch the clip or read the article
- Ash Buchanan’s How Holding Space Transforms our Ability to Respond
- Global Leadership Foundation on the levels of emotional health and the emotionally healthy leader
- John Kao’s These Six Intelligences Will Drive Smart Leadership in Disrupted Times
- Morag Lucey’s Leading with Unprecedented Compassion During Coronavirus
- Nathan Havey’s Three Lessons on Leading through a Crisis from Barry Wehmiller
Crisis As Opportunity
Seeing the possibilities
A greener future
- World Economic Forums’ Could COVID-19 Give Rise to a Greener Global Future?
- Joe McCarthy’s 7 Ways Countries Can Restart Their Economies to Fight Climate Change
Doing things differently
- Mariana Mazzucato’s The Covid-19 Crisis is a Chance to do Capitalism Differently
- Laxmi Haigh and Lena Baunker Covid-19 and the Circular Economy: Opportunities and Reflections
- UN’s “The Recovery from the COVID-19 Crisis Must Lead to a Different Economy”
- Charlotte Bancilhon and Yasmin Crowther’s COVID-19 and Our Future World
- Dustan Allison-Hope and Katie Abbots’ The Urgency of a New Social Contract
Covid-19 and the UN SDGs
- A collection of Deakin University academics’ COVID-19 and the SDGs: Moving Forward After the Crisis
- UN Working to Fight COVID-19 and Achieve Global Goals
- Sarah Mendelson’s The Virus and the Global Goals: What Could COVID-19 Mean for Sustainable Development?
A Time for Learning
Finding yourself with some extra time indoors? Tap into these resources
- Watch Raj Sisodia’s Elevating Humanity Through Business for an introduction to Conscious Capitalism (seminar presentation) – here is also a collection of videos based the points discussed by Raj Sisodia
- Get up to speed on the recent “Once Day At A Time” Virtual Conference by Conscious Capitalism Inc. from the Daily Recaps. Register to access recordings
- Check out webinars and online summits in our Online Learning Section of our Learning Library
- Explore a collection of resources, in our very own CCANZ Learning Library (articles, blogs, videos, podcasts, white papers).
- See all COVID-19 related resources here
- Visit the The Circular Economy Learning Hub and learn about the vision for a circular economy
- Familiarize with Conscious Capitalism principles here
Disproportionate impacts of the pandemic
We’re in the same storm, but not the same boat.
Caring for all
- Tiffany Jana’s A Time for Manifest Equity – an exploration into the importance of equity as paradigms shift
- Julie McKay’s Inclusive Leadership in Times of Uncertainty
- Ruth Umoh’s How Diversity Heads are Steering their Companies through the COVID-19 Crisis
- United Nations’ Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: Responding to the Socio-Economic Impacts of COVID-19 Report – a human-centric response to COVID-19; women, youth, low-wage workers, SMEs and other vulnerable groups
- Elizabeth Johnsen’s Talking About COVID-19: A Call for Racial, Economic, and Health Equity
- Vulnerable communities like refugees and migrants and small island nations are disproportionately affected
- United Nations talks about the increased risk of inequality due to COVID-19
- Those affected by domestic violence are facing increased hardship as lockdown manifests isolation
Have something to share?
Any COVID-19 related resources, ideas or stories you have that may help other businesses and leaders navigate this time?
Send them in and we will share them with the community.