A selection of resources from leading thinkers and organisations to help you navigate COVID19.
- Inc. covers using the Conscious Capitalism principles as a game plan to expand your company’s resilience zone during the Coronavirus Crisis. Read here.
- Four ways a business can respond now; leverage core assets, continuing generosity, compassion vs costs and utilising systems. Read here.
- EY discusses in detail ‘five ways to maintain continuity and reshape for resilience.’ Read here.
Why It’s Important to Act Now
- An incredible set of graphic visualisations featured in the Washington Post on the effect that social distancing can have on mitigating the spread of the virus. Read here.
- The article by Thomas Pueyo that went viral, very clearly illustrating the importance of early preventative action for COVID-19. Read here.
Communicating with your Stakeholders
- The Harvard Business Review reminds us of the importance of communication between leaders, employees, shareholders, stakeholders, and the larger external community. Read more here.
There is good news
- While Covid-19 has spread to 115 countries and territories around the world, not everything is bleak. Read more here.
- There are a number of major victories from the Pandemic line. Peter Diamandis, founder of Singularity University, presents a list of fact-checked wins with links you can follow up on. Read here.
A Broader Perspective
- 10 steps for rebalancing the world during this stressful time.
- Yuval Noah Harari cautions that the actions we take today will probably shape the world for years to come. Read here.
- While no one is able to accurately peer into the future, ideas of what could be possible help us re-imagine and co-create a different, better future. SingularityU offers 16 Ways Coronavirus May Change the Way We Look at the World
Navigating in Uncertain Times
- “Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. What does anti-fragility mean for an organisation? Read “The Antifragile Organisation” and see if these principles might help your organisation
- An hour long webinar hosted by Step Change CEO Ashton Bishop covering 5 crucial factors to help leaders to respond to the crisis.
- A set of practical tools and suggestions by Chapman & Co presented through the medium of a webinar.
- A COVID-19 response framework from McKinsey & Company
What are other business doing?
Small businesses such as this dance studio in Melbourne moved physical classes online, with the support of another small business’s help with online streaming.
From our conscious business community
B Corp shares examples of how B Corporations are helping to support their employees in creative ways in B The Change Weekly. Take a look at how B Corporations are dealing with Covid-19 in this LinkedIn post.
Mezzanine.co looks at what conscious leadership means in these uncertain times — leading with values, being agile, and maintaining a long term mindset.
Engaging our leadership, our humanity and our values will help shape what happens next.Professor Kristy Muir, Center for Social Impact CEO and Professor of Social Policy at UNSW Sydney, reflects on before, during and after COVID-19.
Nathan Harvey, CEO, Thrive Consulting, Co-Founder & Co-Facilitator of the Conscious Capitalism Consultant Certification Program talks about the three lessons on leading through crisis from Barry Wehmiller and how this taught him a lesson he now considers critical: “Who you are is shown in tough times, not good times.”
Have something to share?
Any Coronavirus related resources, ideas or stories you have that may help other businesses and leaders navigate this time?
Send them in and we will share them with the community.